-->

Theme Layout

[Leftsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Boxedwidth]

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Powered by Blogger.

Olive Fall Dress




Every women needs a couple of fall dress; the ones that are perfect for the cooler weather and are warm in tone. Earth tones are the way to go, olive, browns, mustard yellow... Anything that screams fall.

This dress I found at Charming Charlie's randomly, was totally looking for something else and found it. It caught my eye because of the appliqués and the fact that it was different, yet familiar with the natural shades and different sleeves.



I bought these ballet flats back in May for my trip to Europe and want to give my honest opinion about them. First off, they are popular Tieks brand; most people have seen ads on FaceBook or Pinterest with links to other blogs that rave about how wonderful they are... Well yes and no.




They are very comfortable as far as the extremely well padded soles (the tiffany blue on the bottom) and although they advertise they fit wide - narrow feet (meaning they stretch and kind of conform to ones foot), I did have a problem with the top rubbing right beneath my big toe, almost to a blister a couple of times. And on occasion, it feels like the back is going to fall off of my heel (it hasn't, just sits lower than any other pair of flats I've owned).



The other thing I noticed while wearing them around Italy, was that I could only wear them a day or two back to back, because of the leather sole, they would get kind of damp and needed to dry out, thus you could not wear them every single day of the week - they need time to dry.

Plus, because they are leather, they stain. I got caught in a light drizzle one day and naturally could not change shoes, so at the end of the day, my toes were orange. It took a couple of showers for it to finally fade completely away.


So would I buy another pair? Probably. I would not end up with a dozen of them in my closet, but as far as flats go, they are the best I've tried.

One does need to remember that quality is everything, the price of a good pair of flats (or any kind of shoes or clothing) needs to be compared with the cheaper ones. Quality ones will look better and last longer (especially if you take care of them, remember these are leather so they need to be cleaned and maybe repaired or polished professionally every once in a while), but if they last you a life-time? Vs. twenty pairs of cheaper ones? Chances are you are going to spend the same amount in different ways.








Chestnut Brown Ballet Flats, Watch - Target. //



XOXO,
Suzanne Marie
QuickEdit
Suzanne Marie
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @curlsandcappuccinos