-->

Theme Layout

[Leftsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Boxedwidth]

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Powered by Blogger.

Starbucks Latte Costume


    


       Ah it's that time of year for pumpkin spice latte's, jack-o-lanterns, boots and leggings, and of course costumes!!!! 🎃 But year after year it can be hard to come up with great new ideas; a couple of years ago for Halloween I (kind of last minute), decided to go as a Latte! The reason? I was addicted to iced vanilla lattes! It was a huge hit from the Trunk or Treat at Church to the neighborhood trick or treating. Bonus no one else had a costume like it!

       Now I don't have pictures of each step, because I did this a few years ago and well let's just say I did not have all of this planned out! But I will give a step-by-step in as much detail as I can remember.

    Supplies:
  • Pop-up laundry basket
  • Card stock
  • Tan Fleece
  • Ribbon
  • Cream Tulle
  • Headband
  • Paper towel roll
  • Green Foam
  • Black card stock
  • Hot Glue Gun

       Okay so I used a popup laundry hamper as the base of the project, but it wasn't long enough so I added probably a foot of card stock to the bottom, you know to cover everything. Then I covered all of it with the tan fleece, using hot glue to secure it down. 
       Try on the costume to determine the arm holes, my sister helped with this part, mark then cut the holes, make larger if needed. Mine did not go up to my shoulders, because the hamper was too big to be pulled up that far. To help keep it on, I added a ribbon halter to it, then added on some tulle.
       Next I printed a picture of the Starbucks logo (google for a large image), make sure it fills up an entire page, otherwise it would be to small. Cut it out, then glue it to wherever you want the front of the costume to be. 
       Now all of the words I cut out with my sisters Circuit cutter, and the lines and boxes I cut out by hand. Then I hot glued them on. Trying to copy off of the actual cup. (On the side of the costume, not pictured, I also added my name.)
       Afterward I put tulle all around the top of the costume (like whipped cream).
       Last but not least the headband (aka the green straw). I used an empty paper towel roll, and covered it a sheet of green foam. Glueing it on to a regular headband, then added tulle around the roll.

       And that is it. A fairly simple do it yourself costume, honestly the hardest part was cutting and glueing all the letters on! 😜 So enjoy it, and amaze your friends with it! ☕️🎃

       Oh and just a fair warning, I couldn't sit down in it! 😂😁😂😁 So I wore a long sleeved shirt, tights, shorts and boots, so I could take it off and get in the car. 




XOXO,
Suzanne Marie
QuickEdit
Suzanne Marie
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @curlsandcappuccinos