-->

Theme Layout

[Leftsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Boxedwidth]

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Powered by Blogger.

Fashion by Design




Contrary to how many in society view the industry - fashion is art. And because of my unique fashion sense growing up, I thoroughly enjoyed the few fashion classes I took in college. I have been wanting to create this series for years... and well, finally decided to follow my gut. Hope you enjoy learning about the elements and principles of fashion design.


This post is just going to be an overview of the different areas I'll break down in later posts - mainly focusing on the elements and principles of design.

First off is the ingredients or elements of design. These include:
  1.  line
  2.  shape
  3.  form
  4.  space 
  5.  texture
  6.  light
  7.  pattern
  8.  color





Then there are the principles or methods of design. We use the elements listed above to help describe the method in an item.
  1. Balance
  2. Emphasis
  3. Rhythm
  4. Proportion
  5. Unity
The elements are manipulated to help support the principles of the design.

Those are the two areas I'm really going to be diving deeper into, but there are many more areas that designers consider: 

Structural (Fabric cut, texture, & elements of construction)
Functional (How to put it on, how it opens and closes, how the body moves in it)
Components (Silhouette, fabric, color, looks, details)

Hope y'all are just as excited as I am! I want to know what you are looking forward to reading or learning about. Is there something in particular you want more detail on? Color mixing? Pattern mixing? How to dress your body shape? Let me know in the comments down below!

XOXO,
Suzanne Marie
QuickEdit
Unknown
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @curlsandcappuccinos