-->

Theme Layout

[Leftsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Boxedwidth]

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Powered by Blogger.

Pattern Anthology




         In the past month or so I have been discovering so many different people & places to get fabric & patterns, & here is my latest find: Pattern Anthology. It's a group of four indie designers (KateAndreaShauna, and Melissa.) Basically they make PDF pattern collections, which they put on sale for two weeks before they are sold separately. (For more info watch their cute YouTube video.) Their latest collection: Just Add Jeans. One look and I had to get it (Hey it's only 40% off once!). This collection is 4 different tops for women (one from each designer). Seriously just what I need for Spring & Summer. Plus two of them have long & short  sleeve options, while the other two are three-quarter length. So you can modify them for fall and winter!!! (And an extra bonus [at least for me] is... they're modest!! Yay!!😊)

       So yesterday I went to Jo-Ann's to get some fabric, ended up buying enough to make 3 out 4 of the shirts! (I will say Jo-Ann's seriously needs to do something with their knit section - it's so tiny!! I got super lucky to find this adorable floral print.) Then this afternoon I made a Day Tripper top. ❤️LOVE IT!!❤️









// Shirt: Day Tripper Top by Shwin Designs // Fabric: Jo-Ann's // Jeans: Gloria Vanderbilt // Necklace: Charming Charlies // Glasses: Jill Stuart (from Costco) //

       Now the bundle price is good until tomorrow, but the patterns will still be available but sold separately at their regular price. Also they have a contest on Instagram that's going on through April 15. Make any of the four shirt, post a picture on Instagram. Tag @patternanthology & use #justaddjeans . A random winner will win a free 
pattern from each designer!!



Edit: I decided that instead of having a new post each of the other tops, I'm just going to add them to this one.
       
       Just finished my second shirt in Pattern Anthology's Just Add Jeans collection! This time I made the City Girl Top! I will admit that I had a bit of trouble with it: First, when cutting it out I didn't have enough material to cut out the cowl either in the pattern piece or the dimensions she gave, (honestly all the pieces have to go on the fold, so I don't know how you would lay them out; she didn't give a illustration of that...) so I cut one out as big as I could (it was suppose to be 30x20, mine ended up approximately 30x15.) Then I had some problems attaching it... In the end the cowl turned out great, but that really wasn't the main problem I experienced. The bigger problem was with the sleeves. I made the shirt a size XS, but the sleeves are a little toooo tight, so next time I will make the sleeves the next size up, so a S. Overall they were minor mishaps that could have been avoided, but you try and you learn! Seriously cannot wait to start the next one!! (Parisian Top!!!!)






// Top: City Girl by See Kate Sew // Fabric: Jo-Ann's // Jeans: Gloria Vanderbilt // Earrings: Charming Charlie's // Bracelet: Sam Moon // Glasses: Jill Stuart (Costco) //

       Three for three! Yesterday I finish my first Parisian Top! On Instagram you can tell that this pattern is a fan favorite! I personally would have a hard time choosing between the three I have made. This particular design has a peter pan collar, (so I think that that is what everyone loooves so much!). I had never made a collar like this, so another first time experience, and that could explain why it's a little lopsided... 😉 Haha! Oh well! Also you might notice that I used this fabric before... in the Day Tripper shirt. 👆 Yep, I just switched the stuff around & voliá! 

       So out of the Just Add Jeans collection, I only have one more to try out! However, at the moment I don't have enough fabric for it, so it might be a while before I can make the Wild Flower Top. (But who know!) So which ones have you tried and absolutely adore?!







// Shirt: Parisian by Go to Patterns & Co. // Fabric: Jo-Ann's // Jeans: Gloria Vanderbilt // Earrings: Compass Trading Co. // Bracelet: Premier Designs // Glasses: Jill Stuart (Costco)


XOXO,
Suzanne Marie
QuickEdit
Suzanne Marie
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @curlsandcappuccinos